Helpful hints and tips.
- Try to be as close to your WiFi router as you can so that your WiFi signal is strong
- Turn off any other devices that use WiFi, these will reduce the strength of WiFi
- Find a room that will be comfortable for you to talk openly (just like you would in the therapy room)
- Headphones may be helpful for some if you have them
- Remove all distractions like kids, pets and also technology
- Turn notifications on your device off so they do not distract you
- Sit comfortably, be supported by your chair
- Make sure others will only distract you if there was an emergency
- Make time before your session to get familiar with the video call system you are using, this will allow you to focus fully on your session and not waste time
- Make sure that the camera and microphone on your device are working and also that they will allow use with which video call system you are using
- You may wish to have some tissues and a glass of water nearby
- A contact number is important if the internet connection fails
- Make sure you know who will ring who should the connection fail
- An emergency contact number may be helpful also
Does online therapy work?
The short answer is yes it does.
Online therapy has been available for quite sometime now, some therapists only work this way which means that they can work from the comfort of their own home.
I enjoy working face to face sessions with my clients in my therapy studio, however I am also very open to working online. This means I am able to work with clients from all over the UK. If a client can’t drive or for some reason can’t visit me in my therapy studio in Penrith, I am still able to work with them.
I have worked effectively online and often use a therapy called BWRT® (BrainWorking Recursive Therapy) here is a link to a short video about BWRT®. BWRT® is a fast and effective therapy for anxiety, fears and phobias.
How to pay?
I take bank transfer, so this would be the method of payment for online work too.
Any homework or documents would be sent via email.
When working online I work in the same way as I do face to face, the first session is up to 2 hours, follow up sessions are up to an hour.
So if you wish to get in touch to arrange a free 30 min chat or arrange an appointment
07788601599 or pop me an email email@example.com